EARNEST SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
EARNEST SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
LIMITED TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE OR LOAN OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR LOAN OBLIGATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To participate in the Earnest Scholarship Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) you must be a legal resident of and physically located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 17 years of age or older at time of entry. To be eligible to receive a scholarship, entrant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a Title IV accredited U.S. college or university for the Fall of 2021 at time of notification and will be required to provide proof of enrollment. Employees of Earnest LLC, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and agents, including Marden-Kane, Inc. (the “Administrator”) (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, sibling, grandparent and children, regardless of where they live) and persons residing in the households of such persons, are not eligible. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor/Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Receiving a scholarship prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Noncompliance with any of the above eligibility requirements will result in disqualification.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on February 18, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends June 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: Visit earnest.com/scholarship (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form. You will be required to provide your complete name, email address, your academic grade level and the name of the college you will be attending in the Fall of 2021. Limit one entry per person/email address. By entering, you agree to receive email-marketing messages from the Sponsor.
4. RANDOM DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING. A random drawing will be conducted on or about July 9, 2021 from among all eligible entries received to select fifty (50) winners. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit one scholarship prize per person. All entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION. Winners are subject to eligibility verification, including verification of college enrollment. Potential winners will be contacted by the Administrator via email utilizing the contact information that was provided to the Sponsor at time of entry. Potential winners (and parent/legal guardian if potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete and return (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance form and where lawful, a Publicity Release, and (ii) provide enrollment verification, i.e., proof of full-time enrollment at a Title IV accredited college or university located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (collectively “Documents”). Completed Documents must be received within seven (7) days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. Failure to return properly completed Documents within the specified time, failure to respond to a notification or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. No correspondence will be entered into with non-winning entrants.
6. PRIZES: Fifty (50) scholarship prizes are available to be won as follows: Each winner will receive a $5,000 scholarship made payable by the Sponsor directly to the winner’s student account at the Title IV institution. The scholarship may only be used to pay for educational expenses at the winner’s accredited institution. Educational expenses include application fees, course credit hour fees, books, computers, and school-related supplies. The
scholarship is not renewable and is a one-time only scholarship. Prizes will be awarded within 8-10 weeks of winner’s verification. If the prize winner does not commence classes at the verified Title IV institution within one year of date of award, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, deem the entire scholarship forfeited, in which case, no consideration will be paid to the winner. Scholarships are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions imposed by Sponsor which may be in addition to those described above and will be set out in a letter from Sponsor to the winner, which the winner (and a winner’s parent or legal guardian, as appropriate) must agree to, sign, and return to Sponsor by the date required by Sponsor. No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize consists of only the item specifically listed as part of the prize. All details of the prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. Total value of all prizes offered in this Sweepstakes is $250,000.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Multiple entries submitted by a single person during the Promotion Period, whether from one e-mail address or multiple e-mail addresses shall render all such person’s entries void and ineligible. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entry that is suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes.
8. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail/internet transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with this Sweepstakes, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor impairs the integrity or proper
functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
9. RELEASE. By participating, entrants/winners (and parent/legal guardian if entrant/winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) release and hold harmless Released Parties from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties.
10. DISPUTES. All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to the lower of either reasonable or actual out of pocket costs incurred to enter, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. WINNERS. Winners will be posted at earnest.com/scholarship-winners on or about July 30, 2021 or after all winners have been verified.
13. SPONSOR: Earnest LLC, 535 Mission Street, Suite 1663, San Francisco, CA 94105.
ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Boulevard, Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791-3416.
Copyright 2021 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.