Student loans that look out for students
Flexible. Personal. Educational.
Before signing a loan, students can run payment scenarios and speak to a member of our team if they have any questions.
- No fees
- 0.25% Auto Pay discount
- $25 in-school payment option
- Quick 10-minute application
- Support from a Client Happiness team member
- 9-month grace period (3 months longer than most lenders)
Got a minute?
Watch this video to learn exactly how we combine financial literacy with private student loans.
Want the facts?
Download the Earnest Fact Sheet
This is a quick guide created for Financial Aid Officers and Advisors. If you’d like a handout to share with your students, you can find one here.
For school use only. Materials not intended for consumer or student distribution.Download Now
Frequently Asked Questions by Financial Aid Professionals
- Lender Code: 600001
- Guarantor code: K76 (Earnest is the Guarantor)
- Alternative/private student loan program ID: K77
Eligible students must be:
- Attending, or enrolled to attend, full-time at an eligible Title IV 4-year institution
- Applying for a minimum loan amount of $1000 unless specified by state of residence
SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) is not required.
View full eligibility details on our Eligibility page.
Our simple online application, certification, and disbursement processes make life easy for you, your students, and their cosigners.
Earnest supports the following certification methods:
- Great Lakes ScholarNet
- Most school based software (SBS) with Commonline 4
We support the following disbursement methods:
- ELM NDN
- Great Lakes CDS
- EFT to your school’s bank account
- Paper check
Refunds via check can be mailed to: P.O. Box 8016, Fishers, IN 46038. Please include the student’s name and SSN.
View releases on updates to our Private Student Loan offering.