Please read this information carefully and print a copy and/or retain this information electronically for your future reference.
The words “we,” “us,” “our,” “Earnest” refer to Earnest LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and its subsidiaries, including Earnest Operations LLC and Earnest Home LLC. The words “you” and “your” mean the applicant who submits an online loan application (“Application”). “Communication” means any information that we are required by law to provide to you in writing in connection with your Application or any information we may otherwise provide to you relating to any loan that you obtain from us.
2. Method of Electronic Communication
All Communications that we provide to you electronically will be provided either (i) directly to any email address provided on your Application (or any email address you provide to us later); (ii) on our website; or (iii) directly by text or SMS to any mobile number provided on your Application (or any mobile number you provide to us later). WE MAY USE SUCH MEANS OF COMMUNICATION EVEN IF YOU WILL INCUR COSTS TO RECEIVE SUCH PHONE MESSAGES, TEXT MESSAGES, E-MAILS OR COMMUNICATIONS SENT VIA OTHER MEANS. If Communications are provided on our website, we will notify you of the website address to access the Communications by sending you either an email or regular mail to the mailing address provided on your Application.
3. Paper Copies
You may request a paper copy of any Communication by calling us at (888) 601-2801 or emailing us at email@example.com.
4. Hardware and Software Requirements
Before you consent, you should consider whether you have the following required hardware and software capabilities to access, view and retain Communications:
- A valid working email account.
- Access to a computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying and either printing or storing Communications electronically. Your Internet browser must meet the following minimum requirements: The current and previous major releases of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari on a rolling basis. Also, the specific Internet Browser must support at least 256-bit encryption.
- A PDF file reader like the free Adobe® Acrobat Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/).
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit.
We will notify you of any changes to these requirements that create a risk that you may not be able to receive Communications electronically.
5. Withdrawing Consent
I understand I may withdraw my consent to receive electronic Communications by writing to Earnest and mailing my withdrawal of consent to:
303 2nd St., Suite 401N
San Francisco, California 94107
If I fail to provide or if I withdraw my consent to receive Communications electronically, Earnest reserves the right to either deny my application for an Account, restrict or deactivate my Account, close my Account, or charge additional fees for paper copies.
6. Updating Your Contact Information
You must promptly inform us of any change in your email address or mobile number by calling us at (888) 601-2801, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Acknowledging Your Ability to Access and Consenting to Electronic Communications
By checking the “I have read and agree to Earnest’s Consent to Electronic Communication”, you acknowledge that you can access Communications that are provided to you by the methods described above and agree to receive Communications electronically.