Come build the future of education financing.
Our mission at Earnest is to empower people with the capital they need to live better lives. We live to tackle hard problems. That’s why I could not be more excited and proud to announce that Earnest is a founding member of the Fintech Equality Coalition. By joining this coalition, we are taking a stand and committing to do the work to bring about change. Earnest, along with 20 fellow fintech companies in the coalition, is pledging to be a part of changing fintech.
Earnest and other members of the coalition will also be committing to the following actions to support the further democratization of capital in the US:
- Because the Black community is underserved by financial services, we will find opportunities in the form of partnerships, education, and outreach to make sure the value provided by our products and services is accessible.
- Because there are Black voices and issues in our industry that should be but are not currently amplified, we will host, sponsor, and participate in forums and events that feature Black speakers, as well as address financial topics specific to the Black community. In addition, we will not participate in forums or events without diverse speaker lineups.
- Because Black employees and Black-owned businesses are underrepresented in the tech community, including at many of our companies, we will advance our recruiting outreach across departments and seniority levels, enhance professional development programs, and augment interviewing practices to mitigate potential bias throughout candidate assessment.
- Because the Black community is underrepresented in leadership roles, including at many of our companies, we will enhance programs in place to ensure we are recruiting, retaining, mentoring, and growing Black team members.
- Because these promises are meaningless without accountability, we will each publish our individual plans and provide regular updates on our progress toward these commitments.
We encourage our clients to read the full coalition letter and head to www.fintechequality.com to learn more about the Fintech Equality Coalition. As stated in the coalition, ‘racial equality is not an option or an initiative’ and there is more work to do. This is just one step we are taking, and we are excited to share more details in the future.